Monday, May 5, 2014

NEWS: XXL Reveals Freshmen 2014 Cover


XXL has revealed the cover of their annual Freshmen cover. This year is the first year that twelve candidates have been chosen, and as the cover states, R&B artists are now included. Chance The Rapper, Rich Homie Quan, Isaiah Rashad, Ty Dolla $ign, Lil Durk, Kevin Gates, Troy Ave, Vic Mensa, Lil Bibby, Jon Connor, and August Alsina were staff picks while Jarren Benton was voted in by fans.

What do you think of their list? Do you agree with who made it, or do you feel like there are other candidates more deserving who should have made it?


3 comments:

  1. I posted what I think on my blog, but I'm just glad Jarren Benton got on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was satisfied with all the picks except August Alsina, Rich Homie Quan, Ty Dolla $ign... I'm not that familiar with Lil Durk or Lil Bibby, but I know I enjoyed one of those guys' songs (I got their names confused, apparently). There were some guys that definitely could have replaced the three I mentioned above... Vince Staples, Boldy James, Bishop Nehru, Denzel Curry, etc. are all better talents than those guys are, in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. Very True, I would replace August with Vince. Boldy I'm not so sure since I don't like him personally and the whole purpose of the list is to predict who is going to blow up next. I just think it is very unlikely. Same with Bishop, except that I like him.

      Delete